Wednesday, November 26, 2008

The Elusive Lopez Family Christmas Photo

There was one year I was determined to get Christmas cards out, procrastinated and ended up sending Valentines instead! We did a photo card everyone enjoyed. That was fifteen years ago. Last year I fretted for WEEKS to get everyone together looking decent and it was not happening. So, on the 20th of December, Danny and Emily were over. I was lucky enough to have all my kids under one roof. I threw everyone under the tree, snapped a few-no posing, no changing clothes, no primping, no nothing-photos. The Lopez clan in the raw, well, not naked, but you know, as my kids REALLY are at any given moment! I chose my favorite, ran to Kinkos, printed them off, threw them into my cards, and it was done! I cringe at that thought, but for a person like me (I have issues!) who can't seem to get things done unless they are my way-the way I envision- it was a BIG step!!! I was so excited and proud of myself I almost called my therapist, but I don't have one. hmmmm. I am gonna get out that old memory card and post that photo, you will know what I mean!
And about my recently neglected little blog. Waiting. Waiting for the perfect story to happen- the perfect thing to say. I can't just write about my boring old regular days can I? Well, maybe I should. Maybe I will. Tomorrow. But tomorrow is Thanksgiving. There will surely be nothing boring about that.

5 comments:

  1. I wanna hear about you guys' boring stuff!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ummmmmm, could we see the pic? and I love hearing about your life......

    ReplyDelete
  3. how can you have a boring life with 5 kids?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have that picture from last year! I loved it because it is REAL, not some staged photo up in the mountains. Keep writing, momma.

    ReplyDelete