Tuesday, August 19, 2008

An old bag and a new purse!

Well this is my new purse! A real live, bona fide grown-up purse! (as in, it has NO bottle/sippy cup holder, did not come with a built-in changing pad etc...) It's even cool and hip (well, I think so!). It's by Kathy Van Zeeland and I got it at my favorite store: dadadadadadadada TJMaxx! I admit I had no idea who Kathy was until I bought the thing, but my much younger- and hipper- sister Stephanie said right off the bat, "Oh yea, I have a Kathy"! I was going to get on her about raining on my "I am SO hip" parade, but she's just 30, so being cool is something I'll let her have!!!
See, for the last four years I have been toting aroung a variety of diaper bags, multi-purpose bags, and most recently a backpack designed for moms on the go. I have gone from carrying everything but the kitchen sink in one big bag, to a diaper bag only, putting my ID and debit card in my pocket. Going from kid place to kid place deciding what to do. Do I drag in the whole bag and stroller and everything? Do I grab a few bucks and the kids and hope we don't need a diaper? But wait! I can't go anywhere without wipes, I use them for everything. Ok, so I make the switch. I decide to keep a big bag packed in the car, and throw a diaper and small packet of wipes into my purse. Now, we have the sippy cup dilemma. And here we go again! So, I found this nice backpack, all black, doesn't look like a diaper bag, yet has all the things a busy momma needs. It was just perfect, I could use this for everything, my stuff, their stuff, I hit the baby gear toting jackpot! I put my wallet in there, and the kids stuff, we were set. It's a little urban, a little earthy, perfect for me! I might add that I have never once worn it like a backpack-properly over the shoulders. And each outing left me deciding what to do. If I had a few papers to carry along, could they fit in there too? Before long my nice little pack became an office on wheels, except it doesn't have wheels. And I was caught in public having to borrow a diaper!
So. I have come full circle in the battle of the bag, its called, a purse! And you will never find a diaper or mini pack of wipes in it-they have their bag, I have mine!

4 comments:

  1. it is cute! I have a Kathy Van Zeeland or whatever purse too I found on sale at Macy's... but like you, I had no clue who she was, just loved the purse!

    ReplyDelete
  2. omg that is the most cutes purse i have ever seen..gosh sexy purse

    ReplyDelete
  3. Let me know if you plan to sell it. tiffcastaneda0408@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete