Thursday, August 21, 2008

Where everybody knows your, well my na-a-me

My most favorite place on the planet, well as websites/forums go, is DOWN tonight! What the heck am I gonna do? This is where I visit my online friends every. single. day. for almost 3 years. See-I cant even insert a link because right now it won't even go anywhere. Lisa, our site owner is figuring it out now, but this has only happened a couple times since I've joined and it was awful. I miss my Mommas!
http://www.coloradomoms.com/, I can't even explain how much these mommas mean to me, I never thought I'd be one to pick up friends online! Some I have met, and some I will probably never meet in person. Some I see here and there, but these mommas know me all about me (pretty much!) and my family. And one has become a very close friend (in real life!) and a friend of my family too. There are a couple I am quite close with but don't see often because they live far away. Most of the time we just chat and share info about regular momma stuff, but when stuff hits the fan, these ladies kick it into high gear! My mommas went through my pregnancy with Delaney with me, her first photos were on the site within a couple hours of her birth. They watched me become a Grandma, they prayed for my Grandson Evan when he was born with a heart defect (undiagnosed until birth)and needed open heart surgery at 2 days old. They sent us food, and gift cards for Danny and Em to use at the hospital cafeterias. And they prayed for little Evan some more.
We've had babies and miscarriages, weddings and divorces, easy kids, difficult ones, medical scares and realities, new jobs and layoffs, new friends, old friends move too far away, but thanks to the magic of the internet a buddy is only a click away! We really do laugh and sometimes cry together, me and my online crew. We worry alot about someone when they don't show up. Like a bunch of little old ladies babbling about what could be wrong, where our missing momma could be and worrying if everything is OK. We always care about each other. No we don't all want to be best friends with eachother, everyone doesn't like everyone else. We respect each other as women and mothers and the lives we live no matter how alike or different we all are.
I miss you already Mommas, (really its been like 3 hours!)! And since most people reading this probably "get" the whole online friend thing, could you explain it to my dear husband, because he really doesn't!
I really need to get going on properly introducing my kids here. I am waiting on Danny and Emily to send me some pictures and I will tell you all about them first. I am promising myself I will not obsess on going oldest to youngest with my little introductions. OK, well only for a couple more days then I will move on to the next kid. In random order, because if it can't be the right way (oldest to youngest) it needs to be random or it won't sit right in my brain! I will. I think. I will try.
Here is a list of things about my some of my mommas, I will probably add to it , I am tired and know I will miss someone, but for those of you who don't know them, here are a few! They are very talented:
Laura who designs and sews (with a VERY fancy machine in her studio) baby gear
Courtney and Lisa, professional photographers
Valerie is an expert on anything breasfeeding
Melanie is practically a doctor, shes kind of our on-call doc actually Denise is a Momma much like myself, older kids, little kids, kids all over the place!
Cara started Mommies helping Mommies to coordinate our support efforts when they are needed
Jo can feed a family for like $5 a week snipping and clipping and online couponing(call her if you run our of shampoo, or toothpaste!)
Hethyr can research anything you ever thought you might buy, you'll get the good the bad and the ugly, Consumer Report has nothin' on her! Oh, and if you buy it and it get recalled, she will be the first to know!
Nancy-cupcake ninja and night owl, will keep you in STITCHES!
Many Mommas-Cloth diapers are a big thing around here, they apparently are now fashion statement- I had diaper service- these butts get Bum Genius, Fuzzibunz, all sorts of cute absorbant .....cuteness
Katie is the expert on cloth diapers and baby wearing Hethyr again, shes the hiking lady too, and a CD and baby wearer too
Emily and Kate, they knit. and knit and knit and SHOP
Deana and Arin are real estate pros
Smiley Jessica is about the strongest woman on there
I'll add more later, but can you tell, I love me some www dot Colorado Moms dot com!

3 comments:

  1. Awwwww. That is so sweet Susan! I'm lost without my mommas too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you guys are lucky to have that strong of a network.

    makes me wanna move to CO.

    (Found you by way of Erin)

    Always,
    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awwwwww! Hey, I got more Kohls coupons! HAHAHA ~emily

    ReplyDelete