Friday, August 29, 2008

happy birthday to my right arm

Happy Birthday Diane, Dee, deedee, my dear sister, my best friend in the whole world, the best sister a girl could ask for, well, really the best person a person could really have in their life, and I got you as my very own sister! How lucky am I? Have I told you that lately, well, I am telling you now! I mention my "right arm" in the title of this post because when John took you away (ok, so you went willingly, but it was HIS idea!!) to Florida I really felt like my right arm had been physically removed from my body. I did. Which was odd, because at that time our lives were very far apart and very different. I was already a Mom, you had just finished college, we had less in common at that moment than we ever had. Maybe I feared that gap would just get farther apart and I'd eventually just lose you forever. But whew! We got that late night call when you got engaged, then the next year you got pregnant, then pregnant again, then you finally came home! And there we were, raising babies together! I am so very proud of the woman, the wife, the mother you have become, and as always, I am proud to call you my sister. So thank you. Thank you for being my sister. Thank you for being the next best thing to "me" for my kids, and thank you for making sure they know that. I love you, and Happy Birthday!

I am having a bit of diffculty with the picture part of this post-but stay tuned!

1 comment:

  1. Susan,

    its Denise, could you email me at fiduciafamily@msn.com. I have a question for you.


    thanks

    ReplyDelete