Monday, September 1, 2008

Trail Dust

Steak House. The little kids had a ball, the food, not so good. But since I really despise video games and the background noise, I far preferred it to Chuck-E- Cheese when it comes to family friendly un-fine dining! And hey, where else can you go where the table comes pre-set with a roll of paper towels-a mom (that knows my kids) MUST have invented the place! The joint is noisy with sort of southern rock and country-ish music, a live band actually. A little bit of line dancing, I don't do it, unless of course its the Electric Slide, and if you know me you know the only music I do NOT like is country. Delaney and I twirled a bit on the dance floor and then we could not get her off the BIG attraction of the place a HUGE 2 story shiny silver slide that ends up just on the side of the dance floor! I took her once, and then just let her go. She was really too little but she is relentless, and pretty tough. Guess thats what happens when you have four brothers! Daddy waivers from wanting to protect his only baby girl to puffing up his chest at how tough she is! She didn't often end up on her butt, but, she always went back for more, and never shed a tear! Donovan slid, slud, slided - grammar peeps-help me here, what IS the past tense for slide anyway?-until he about fell asleep going up the stairs for another trip! How did we end up at such a place on a three day weekend? Well, we were headed to the amusement park and it started raining, it was our very impromptu plan "B"! The big boys, again, were too busy to hang with the fam, I am working on that. They are pretty darn good for teenagers as far as spending plenty of time with us, but going places, I think they fear they are going to be trapped in kiddie land for weeks any time they step into the horror of the minivan with all of us! Hmmm, had they known we'd end up at a place that had all-you-can-eat ribs on Sunday, they would have been there like THAT!
TO THE LEFT: Superstar!!! Think-Mary Catherine Gallagher, well, the pose, right! And can you spot Delaney, halfway up the stairs over there!


BELOW: Anything they can do-I can do too!!

1 comment:

  1. I can't think of anything better than a roll of paper towels on a restaurant table...except maybe a container of baby wipes which is the typical centerpiece in our dining room!

    ReplyDelete